SHOForum  

Go Back   SHOForum > Performance Upgrades - Gen 1 (89-91) & Gen 2 (92-95) > Gen 1 & 2 - Wheels, Tires, Interior, Body, and Cosmetic Mods

Old 08-27-2006, 03:38 PM
el oh el

dmoo21 will become famous soon enough
Default electric gauge hookup

i have been reading on the forum this morning on how to install electric water temp and electric oil pressure gauges. but i am still confused as to where the best place to tap into the coolent line to get a temp reading. if someone has some insight or a picture of this it would be greatly appreciated.
also where to put that sender for oil press.

Thanks

-Dan

1993 Red/Mocha MTX
2004 STi
Old 08-28-2006, 12:30 PM
Registered

AREA 91 has much to be proud ofAREA 91 has much to be proud ofAREA 91 has much to be proud ofAREA 91 has much to be proud ofAREA 91 has much to be proud ofAREA 91 has much to be proud ofAREA 91 has much to be proud ofAREA 91 has much to be proud ofAREA 91 has much to be proud ofAREA 91 has much to be proud of

For the water temp sensor, find your stock sensor located to the left of the thermostat. This is where you will need to make a "T" so that you can hook up both sending units.

For the Oil pressure, you need to make a "T" where the stock sensor is. The stock oil pressure sensor is located on the back side of the engine towards the driver's side.

That weas a pretty quick rundown, but that's the basics of the install. If you do a little digging useing the search function, you can come up with pictures of both. That's how I found out how too hook mine up 3 years ago!

Enjoy you NEW guages, that are actually accurate.

91+ Green Not Stock!
12.74 ET & 114.25MPH
257 WHP All Motor 336 WHP on N20

91 Mocha Frost 210WHP 210WTQ

I am the PA SHO SHOP