SHOForum  

Go Back   SHOForum > Troubleshooting & Performance Upgrades - V8 (96-99) > V8 Discussion

Old 11-03-2011, 05:01 PM
Rollin' coal

St Louis SHO has a reputation beyond reputeSt Louis SHO has a reputation beyond reputeSt Louis SHO has a reputation beyond reputeSt Louis SHO has a reputation beyond reputeSt Louis SHO has a reputation beyond reputeSt Louis SHO has a reputation beyond reputeSt Louis SHO has a reputation beyond reputeSt Louis SHO has a reputation beyond reputeSt Louis SHO has a reputation beyond reputeSt Louis SHO has a reputation beyond reputeSt Louis SHO has a reputation beyond repute
Default White 1997 Project. Codename Grocery Getter.

I bought this 1997 from Greg Jones back in September. Thought about giving up on it, but have since decided that this would be a great project for me to do to give to my wife.

Since the car needed an engine (spun bearing), Kirk sold me a complete running/ driving donor car.

I plan on making every part of this car special. Lets see how it turns out.

Onto the pics:

The donor car...

Almost there!

Got what I needed!

And there's the ugly driveline!

Some ingenuity was required, being it was a rotbox!

Disassembling to make pretty, plus new rod bearings and seals.

The subframe, freshly sandblasted, ready for the Por15 Hardnose:

I'll update as I go, but this is it so far!

04 Cadillac CTS-V - LS6, Cammed, coil over'd, Long tubes, Cat back'd, CAI'd and tuned. - Now with less body damage!

04 Dodge Ram 2500 - CTD - Faster than Most SHO's, and better em pee gee's too!

00 Ford Excursion

I'd say I was here for the whores, but I've been there and done that.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to St Louis SHO For This Useful Post:
DJSHO91 (11-04-2011), platoribs (11-05-2011), Rubix (11-04-2011)
Old 11-03-2011, 05:07 PM
BAD ROLE MODEL

SHOmethewayhome has much to be proud ofSHOmethewayhome has much to be proud ofSHOmethewayhome has much to be proud ofSHOmethewayhome has much to be proud ofSHOmethewayhome has much to be proud ofSHOmethewayhome has much to be proud ofSHOmethewayhome has much to be proud ofSHOmethewayhome has much to be proud ofSHOmethewayhome has much to be proud ofSHOmethewayhome has much to be proud of

I was gonna say repost but then remembered that facebook and SHOforum are two separate websites...

gonna be a nice car. bring it up to MN for the convention?
Old 11-03-2011, 06:31 PM
Rollin' coal

St Louis SHO has a reputation beyond reputeSt Louis SHO has a reputation beyond reputeSt Louis SHO has a reputation beyond reputeSt Louis SHO has a reputation beyond reputeSt Louis SHO has a reputation beyond reputeSt Louis SHO has a reputation beyond reputeSt Louis SHO has a reputation beyond reputeSt Louis SHO has a reputation beyond reputeSt Louis SHO has a reputation beyond reputeSt Louis SHO has a reputation beyond reputeSt Louis SHO has a reputation beyond repute

Subframe with the first coat of paint. We are using Por15 Hardnose. This stuff is the best epoxy paint you can buy IMO. I'm really going all out here.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to St Louis SHO For This Useful Post:
Bob Gervais (11-11-2011), DJSHO91 (11-04-2011)
Old 11-03-2011, 06:34 PM
Rollin' coal

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHOmethewayhome View Post
I was gonna say repost but then remembered that facebook and SHOforum are two separate websites...

gonna be a nice car. bring it up to MN for the convention?
You'll have to talk my wife into it. I'm bringing my 89.
Old 11-03-2011, 07:07 PM
SHO Member

Toolman has a reputation beyond reputeToolman has a reputation beyond reputeToolman has a reputation beyond reputeToolman has a reputation beyond reputeToolman has a reputation beyond reputeToolman has a reputation beyond reputeToolman has a reputation beyond reputeToolman has a reputation beyond reputeToolman has a reputation beyond reputeToolman has a reputation beyond reputeToolman has a reputation beyond repute

Nice! I want my subframes looking like that!
Old 11-03-2011, 07:52 PM
BAD ROLE MODEL

SHOmethewayhome has much to be proud ofSHOmethewayhome has much to be proud ofSHOmethewayhome has much to be proud ofSHOmethewayhome has much to be proud ofSHOmethewayhome has much to be proud ofSHOmethewayhome has much to be proud ofSHOmethewayhome has much to be proud ofSHOmethewayhome has much to be proud ofSHOmethewayhome has much to be proud ofSHOmethewayhome has much to be proud of

are you going with single or dual exhaust?
Old 11-03-2011, 07:59 PM
SHO Member

Toolman has a reputation beyond reputeToolman has a reputation beyond reputeToolman has a reputation beyond reputeToolman has a reputation beyond reputeToolman has a reputation beyond reputeToolman has a reputation beyond reputeToolman has a reputation beyond reputeToolman has a reputation beyond reputeToolman has a reputation beyond reputeToolman has a reputation beyond reputeToolman has a reputation beyond repute

Neither. Duel exhaust. It's all the rage.
Old 11-03-2011, 09:07 PM
Registered

kvm101 is unknown at this point

By the looks of your work, you must have built a few to many model cars as a kid!!!
Nice work hats off. I'm years in the collision industry and nice to see someone doing what I dream of or wish I had the time to do fully dress the engine and subframe.
I must admit I base coat clearcoated a rear sway bar once. It didnt hold up to well. Sand or bead blastng is the way to go.
BTW nice waterhose holder Slicer rim the directional one?

Now I know you have a passion for what you do, just look at his concrete floor oil stain free!!! I use alot of kitty litter scrubbed with a piece of wood to get my stains up.
Until my hood is done I'm following this thread.

Last edited by kvm101; 11-05-2011 at 03:56 PM. Reason: Floor spotless
Old 11-04-2011, 01:40 AM
SHOHOLIC

Phoenix has a reputation beyond reputePhoenix has a reputation beyond reputePhoenix has a reputation beyond reputePhoenix has a reputation beyond reputePhoenix has a reputation beyond reputePhoenix has a reputation beyond reputePhoenix has a reputation beyond reputePhoenix has a reputation beyond reputePhoenix has a reputation beyond reputePhoenix has a reputation beyond reputePhoenix has a reputation beyond repute

I love the hose rack.

Project looks nice

2002 Taurus with 3.2 MTX Cammed and modded @ 241 WHP N/A.

UPLOAD ALL YOUR SHO PICTURES: Shospeed.com

Currently working on: 92 SHOGUN
Old 11-04-2011, 08:15 AM
Registered

SHOMEX is on the right road

A really nice work so far; would love to have the means to do that to my car!
Old 11-04-2011, 11:29 AM
SHO Groupie

WSC-SHO is a jewel in the roughWSC-SHO is a jewel in the roughWSC-SHO is a jewel in the rough

For those of you commenting on the Slicer hose reel, it's mounted on a hub so it can spin too, it's pretty slick .

95 Jeep Cherokee Sport, Red
90 black on black: Intrax-Sensatracs. Sold to Husky
NEW 90' White on Black shell: eibachs/sensatrachs. Sold
NEW 99' Ducati 748 Desmo power
Old 11-04-2011, 02:06 PM
Registered

calvin0325 will become famous soon enoughcalvin0325 will become famous soon enough

very nice work.....I also would love to do mine the same way.....maybe once I get back stateside.
Old 11-04-2011, 02:42 PM
Rust free

SinisterSHO has much to be proud ofSinisterSHO has much to be proud ofSinisterSHO has much to be proud ofSinisterSHO has much to be proud ofSinisterSHO has much to be proud ofSinisterSHO has much to be proud ofSinisterSHO has much to be proud ofSinisterSHO has much to be proud ofSinisterSHO has much to be proud of

this is why I take my car to James for work

Steven
1992 SHO Black/Black - no sunroof, missing paint.
1995 SHO White/Mocha - track car, hole in piston mod.
2002 GTP Silver/Charcoal - daily turd.
2008 G8 GT Magnetic Gray/Black - V8 Daily
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SinisterSHO For This Useful Post:
kikkinasphalt (11-21-2011), platoribs (11-05-2011)
Old 11-04-2011, 07:11 PM
Banned

SHOspazz92 has a reputation beyond reputeSHOspazz92 has a reputation beyond reputeSHOspazz92 has a reputation beyond reputeSHOspazz92 has a reputation beyond reputeSHOspazz92 has a reputation beyond reputeSHOspazz92 has a reputation beyond reputeSHOspazz92 has a reputation beyond reputeSHOspazz92 has a reputation beyond reputeSHOspazz92 has a reputation beyond reputeSHOspazz92 has a reputation beyond reputeSHOspazz92 has a reputation beyond repute

My favorite thing about this Project is that the car belongs to James (or his wife at least). Looking great.

-Sam

Spending money I don't have, to buy parts I don't need, to impress people I don't know since July of 2002! Welcome to SHOforum.
The following user says thank you to SHOspazz92 for this post:
St Louis SHO (12-11-2011)
Old 11-04-2011, 08:17 PM
Tire Wall

Mr Anonymous has a reputation beyond reputeMr Anonymous has a reputation beyond reputeMr Anonymous has a reputation beyond reputeMr Anonymous has a reputation beyond reputeMr Anonymous has a reputation beyond reputeMr Anonymous has a reputation beyond reputeMr Anonymous has a reputation beyond reputeMr Anonymous has a reputation beyond reputeMr Anonymous has a reputation beyond reputeMr Anonymous has a reputation beyond reputeMr Anonymous has a reputation beyond repute

Looking good. Fingers crossed that the white pulleys won't turn yellow!

SHO Owners: Making the simple complicated, since 1989.
Old 11-04-2011, 08:27 PM
BAD ROLE MODEL

the irony here is James is usually so busy with other ppls cars he"s trying to farm out the work on his own cars
Old 11-05-2011, 09:40 AM
Registered

illSHOyou is spectacular!illSHOyou is spectacular!illSHOyou is spectacular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by St Louis SHO View Post
I bought this 1997 from Greg Jones back in September. Thought about giving up on it, but have since decided that this would be a great project for me to do to give to my wife.

Since the car needed an engine (spun bearing), Kirk sold me a complete running/ driving donor car.

A.K.A Grocery Getter...Hmm..So thats the theme?

How about this...
We can tie plastice grocery bags together to make the serpentine belt. Then use grocery paper bags for intake filter media. O O, All the individual runners can be done up to look like little bar code scanners....Lets see what else...?....Paint the front plastic cover to look like a converyor belt. Glue some of your favorite grocery items to the converyor belt (I would avoid things like bannanas, you know stuff that can riot). You could install a under hood light to look like a checkout lane light. Anything else we can think of...?

I may be mistaken the direction you want to go with this ...lol

Last edited by illSHOyou; 11-05-2011 at 09:50 AM.
Old 11-05-2011, 09:51 AM
Registered

illSHOyou is spectacular!illSHOyou is spectacular!illSHOyou is spectacular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by St Louis SHO View Post

A.K.A Grocery Getter...Hmm..So thats the theme?

How about this...
We can tie plastice grocery bags together to make the serpentine belt. Then use grocery paper bags for intake filter media. O O, All the individual runners can be done up to look like little bar code scanners....Lets see what else...?....Paint the front plastic cover to look like a converyor belt. Glue some of your favorite grocery items to the converyor belt (I would avoid things like bannanas, you know stuff that can riot). You could install a under hood light to look like a checkout lane light. Anything else we can think of...?

I may be confused on the direction you want to go with this ...lol

Last edited by illSHOyou; 11-05-2011 at 09:54 AM.
Old 11-05-2011, 10:46 AM
Live to Drive

platoribs is a name known to allplatoribs is a name known to allplatoribs is a name known to allplatoribs is a name known to allplatoribs is a name known to allplatoribs is a name known to all

I'd like to take a couple of weeks off and just help you at the St. Louis SHO garage, learning all the stuff you've learned working on the venerable Taurus over the years...

I'm sure Jennifer will love it.

95 MTX, 92K miles, Quaife, Gen3 subframe, Ingalls rear arms, H-brace, subframe connectors, 24/26 bars, new bushings and bearings throughout, cut Eibach/monroe/front/back, 11.6" brakes x4, equal length y-pipe, SHOsource catback, Cobra take off mufflers, rolling on Tbird SC wheels wrapped with BFGoodrich KDW 225/50-16.
Old 11-05-2011, 06:34 PM
NaNaaNaNAAAA!!!

-DVP- is a splendid one-DVP- is a splendid one-DVP- is a splendid one-DVP- is a splendid one-DVP- is a splendid one-DVP- is a splendid one-DVP- is a splendid one-DVP- is a splendid one

Transport for transplant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Anonymous View Post
My work here is done. Imma go find me a whore now.
Old 11-05-2011, 08:00 PM
Rollin' coal

Recipient.

The following user says thank you to St Louis SHO for this post:
ShadetreeSHOguy (11-05-2011)
Old 11-05-2011, 09:01 PM
Need Motivation

kevinspann is brilliant!kevinspann is brilliant!kevinspann is brilliant!kevinspann is brilliant!kevinspann is brilliant!kevinspann is brilliant!kevinspann is brilliant!kevinspann is brilliant!kevinspann is brilliant!kevinspann is brilliant!kevinspann is brilliant!

Sad thing is the Dodge probably got better mileage towing that car, than that car will get.
The following user says thank you to kevinspann for this post:
SHOmethewayhome (11-05-2011)
Old 11-05-2011, 11:38 PM
Likes blue ones

boat is a splendid oneboat is a splendid oneboat is a splendid oneboat is a splendid oneboat is a splendid oneboat is a splendid oneboat is a splendid one

Good looking car, James. Bet your wife loves it. Can't wait to see the finished result. Awesome work!

94 Royal Blue Pearl/Black MTX - 2012 Convention - Best Engine, Silver, Hard Luck Awards
90 Blue/Black - Daily Driver
The following user says thank you to boat for this post:
Old 11-06-2011, 02:47 PM
Rollin' coal

Old 11-06-2011, 05:16 PM
Rollin' coal

Time for more cleanup/paintwork...
Old 11-06-2011, 05:45 PM
BAMF

jon93 is a jewel in the roughjon93 is a jewel in the roughjon93 is a jewel in the rough

Looking good James!

The following user says thank you to jon93 for this post:
Old 11-07-2011, 07:57 AM
Tire Wall

Mr Anonymous has a reputation beyond reputeMr Anonymous has a reputation beyond reputeMr Anonymous has a reputation beyond reputeMr Anonymous has a reputation beyond reputeMr Anonymous has a reputation beyond reputeMr Anonymous has a reputation beyond reputeMr Anonymous has a reputation beyond reputeMr Anonymous has a reputation beyond reputeMr Anonymous has a reputation beyond reputeMr Anonymous has a reputation beyond reputeMr Anonymous has a reputation beyond repute

It's really time to hang up the '02 hood before something bad happens to it...
Old 11-07-2011, 05:13 PM
SHO Member

Inkertinker is a beacon of lightInkertinker is a beacon of lightInkertinker is a beacon of lightInkertinker is a beacon of lightInkertinker is a beacon of lightInkertinker is a beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Anonymous View Post
It's really time to hang up the '02 hood before something bad happens to it...
You are correct sir.
68 Chevy C-20 Orange Crate
in Restoration
The following user says thank you to Inkertinker for this post:
Mr Anonymous (11-07-2011)
Old 11-08-2011, 09:33 AM
Tommy Boy

SHOCH has much to be proud ofSHOCH has much to be proud ofSHOCH has much to be proud ofSHOCH has much to be proud ofSHOCH has much to be proud ofSHOCH has much to be proud ofSHOCH has much to be proud ofSHOCH has much to be proud ofSHOCH has much to be proud ofSHOCH has much to be proud of

I could tell you something bad happened ON it before you all got back from dinner Friday night.
Remember when Teachers, Public Employees, Planned Parenthood, NPR and PBS crashed the Stock Market, wiped out half the 401Ks, took Trillions in taxpayer funded bailouts, spilled oil in the Gulf, gave themselves Billions in Bonuses and paid NO Taxes?
Yea, Me neither.
If the opposite of Pro is Con then the opposite of Progress IS Congress.
Old 11-09-2011, 03:28 AM
Coke Is It!

SHO1 is a jewel in the roughSHO1 is a jewel in the roughSHO1 is a jewel in the roughSHO1 is a jewel in the rough

Oh no, it wasn't a certain porn star from N.H. again was it?
'89 elec. red (r.i.p.)
'99 red (r.i.p.)
'05 ram SRT10