SHOForum  

Go Back   SHOForum > Generation 4 SHO (2010-present) > Generation 4 - Maintenance & Troubleshooting

Old 05-11-2011, 08:22 PM
Registered

imannsh0 is on the right road
Default Tsb 11-5-6

Just got the the sho back from service and they said that there was a new tsb for the transmissions problem. I hope this works this is the third time that i had the car looked at for the same problem
Old 05-11-2011, 08:27 PM
Caliper Covers

Billm0066 can only hope to improve

Whats the TSB for? What does it correct?
Old 05-11-2011, 08:56 PM
aka vapah lock

lowc is a jewel in the roughlowc is a jewel in the roughlowc is a jewel in the rough

FORD: 2010-2011 Taurus
2009 Edge, Flex
2010-2011 Edge, Flex
2011 Explorer
LINCOLN: 2010-2011 MKS
2009 MKX
2010-2011 MKT, MKX

ISSUE:
Some 2009 Edge, MKX and Flex vehicles built on or after 5/4/2009, 2010-2011 Edge, Flex, MKS, MKT, MKX, Taurus, 2011 Explorer vehicles built on or before 4/15/2011 may have a sluggish acceleration or hesitation feel during a rolling stop 0-8 Km/h (0-5 MPH) followed by a harsh bump or feel like a slip on take-off from a stop followed by a harsh bump.

ACTION:
Follow the Service Procedure steps to correct the condition.

SERVICE PROCEDURE

This valve body modification is only available for transmissions originally built with MERCON® LV listed on the dipstick.

There is a new calibration and transmission valve body changes to correct this condition. The valve body change was to delete one hole in the valve body separator plate and remove one check ball from the valve body in the same area where the hole in the separator plate was deleted.

NOTE: IF THIS PROCEDURE IS NOT FOLLOWED CORRECTLY, ADDITIONAL NEW CUSTOMER SYMPTOMS WILL BE PRESENT, LOSS OF REVERSE OR 2-3 SHIFT FLARE.

For all model years except 2009, proceed to Step 2. For 2009 model year vehicles, verify the transmission dipstick has MERCON® LV listed on the dipstick.
Yes - The dipstick has MERCON® LV listed on the dipstick, proceed to Step 2.
No - The dipstick does not have MERCON® LV listed on the dipstick, this procedure does not apply. Follow normal Workshop Manual diagnostics.
Reprogram the PCM to the latest calibration using IDS release 72.04 and higher or 73.01 and higher. This new calibration is not included in the VCM 2011.5 DVD. Calibration files may also be obtained at www.motorcraft.com.
Remove the transmission valve body. Refer to the Workshop Manual (WSM), Section 307-01.
Replace the separator plate in the valve body. The X identifies the hole in the valve body separator plate which will be eliminated. (Figure 1)

Figure 1 - Article 11-5-6

Remove one (1) check ball identified as X. (Figure 2)

Figure 2 - Article 11-5-6

Proper check ball locations on the remaining six (6) valve body check balls shown with arrows. (Figure 2)
Install transmission valve body. Refer to WSM, Section 307-01.
92 silver/black 50/50 cut in pieces and sent to scraphttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/3833501#guestbookupdated 11/6/10

Last edited by lowc; 05-23-2011 at 04:12 PM. Reason: bolding calibration change
The following user says thank you to lowc for this post:
gregoire (05-18-2011)
Old 05-11-2011, 09:01 PM
Canuck SHO 2

RedCandySHO is on the right road

Wow. That sounds like the cause of the slip / clunk some of us have experienced.

1997 Cobra Coupe
- Feature car in May '05 issue of '5.0 Mustang and Super Fords' magazine
- Modifed Mustangs Mustang Moment Feature Car / Story - August Issue
659rwhp / 609rwtq
Old 05-11-2011, 09:08 PM
aka vapah lock

lowc is a jewel in the roughlowc is a jewel in the roughlowc is a jewel in the rough

i wish my ford site would let me copy/paste the pics to give you guys a better visual
Old 05-11-2011, 09:10 PM
Registered

yup that was what they did. i hope he did
it right
Old 05-11-2011, 09:12 PM
aka vapah lock

where in mass are you? and what dealer are you dealing with? would be nice to have you join us at an event this summer
Old 05-11-2011, 09:31 PM
Registered

way2evil will become famous soon enough

Check the TSB thread I added a few new ones including this.
Old 05-12-2011, 05:11 AM
Registered

i live in Ayer. The dealer i am dealing with is Best Ford in Nashua . let me know about the summer events

Last edited by imannsh0; 05-12-2011 at 05:12 AM.
Old 05-14-2011, 12:39 AM
aka vapah lock

Quote:
Originally Posted by imannsh0 View Post
i live in Ayer. The dealer i am dealing with is Best Ford in Nashua . let me know about the summer events
check out the nesho section we are trying to plan a run through the kang. hwy some time in june, ur more than welcome to join
Old 05-17-2011, 10:04 PM
Registered

fiveosho is unknown at this point

Wow did you feel a difference in pick up mine feels a lot different
Old 05-18-2011, 12:29 PM
Registered

Balz is unknown at this point

I noticed the same thing in my 2010...Doesn't do it all the time, so I'm not sure if I should have them fix it or not...I have 32K miles on it now so the warranty is getting close - although, wouldn't this be covered under the 5yr/60K mile warranty?

I hate to get it "fixed" and then it ends up being worse later after my warranty runs out.

Balz
2010 SHO (Steel Blue)
1974 Ford LGT 145 Garden Tractor
1965 Ford F100
Old 05-18-2011, 05:41 PM
Registered

gregoire is on the right road

[QUOTE=lowc;1282312]FORD: 2010-2011 Taurus
2009 Edge, Flex
2010-2011 Edge, Flex
2011 Explorer
LINCOLN: 2010-2011 MKS
2009 MKX
2010-2011 MKT, MKX

ISSUE:
Some 2009 Edge, MKX and Flex vehicles built on or after 5/4/2009, 2010-2011 Edge, Flex, MKS, MKT, MKX, Taurus, 2011 Explorer vehicles built on or before 4/15/2011 may have a sluggish acceleration or hesitation feel during a rolling stop 0-8 Km/h (0-5 MPH) followed by a harsh bump or feel like a slip on take-off from a stop followed by a harsh bump. [QUOTE=lowc;1282312]

Wow, this is exactly what my car has been doing since the day I bought it. Kinda rare, happens once maybe 2 times a week. Cant wait to check my tranny dipstick to see what is says on there but I think I already know.

2011 TriWhite Platinum, AirRaid CAI, Livernois Stage 4+, Corsa Exhaust, H&R Springs, Best 1/4 mile in 12.793 seconds @ Beech Bend, Bowling Green KY 11/12/11.
Old 05-18-2011, 08:58 PM
Registered

I thought I would check with Rick to see if I could re load after TSB 11-5-6 because the car off line is much different then it felt prior to the TSB now almost feels like the stage 2 did. He advised me to check the strategy code to make certain that it didn't change, well what do you know it did...they must have a update for the ecm on TSB too, anyway the point to this post is make sure that you double check the strategy code so you don't mess up the car.
The following user says thank you to fiveosho for this post:
SHOMON (05-18-2011)
Old 05-18-2011, 11:47 PM
Registered

mriboy is unknown at this point

Mine has done this few times doing a rolling stop. So glad to see they found a fix for it. I was going to get a tune then it happened to me scared me about getting a tune cause I worried I was having something going wrong with the tranny.
Old 05-20-2011, 06:14 PM
Registered

just a re-bump to attest that this thing is 200% better than it was. If your on the fence just do it. My dealer was great about it I showed them the TSB and they did it. Completely different performance throttle response is stellar.
Old 05-21-2011, 10:23 AM
Caliper Covers

I get a bump once in a while too, so I should get this done. How long did they have your car for?

Last edited by Billm0066; 05-21-2011 at 10:24 AM.
Old 05-23-2011, 03:36 PM
Pro Detailer

gipraw is unknown at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveosho View Post
I thought I would check with Rick to see if I could re load after TSB 11-5-6 because the car off line is much different then it felt prior to the TSB now almost feels like the stage 2 did. He advised me to check the strategy code to make certain that it didn't change, well what do you know it did...they must have a update for the ecm on TSB too, anyway the point to this post is make sure that you double check the strategy code so you don't mess up the car.
So is the change in strategy code the only issue? Was Rick able to get you set up again with new tunes?

2010 Taurus SHO - Ingot Silver Metallic
2010 Expedition EL Limited
1966 Pontiac GTO
Old 05-24-2011, 07:13 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by gipraw View Post
So is the change in strategy code the only issue? Was Rick able to get you set up again with new tunes?
no not as of yet ???
Old 05-24-2011, 06:02 PM
Canuck SHO 2

RedCandySHO is on the right road

Do you know what the strategy is? If so, post it. I know a guy that might be able to accelerate the process at SCT if that is what Rick is waiting on....
Old 06-01-2011, 07:15 PM
Registered

gregoire is on the right road

OK, so I swing by Crown Ford today, show them the TSB and the Service rep kinda scoffs, says my car will need completly re-programmed, tells me that Ford has sent them the upload and that on the first car they did the re-program quit in mid upload and that they have not been able to get the unit back up and the car they were doing is completly dead, the owner has a rental.

Takes my name and number, says he will call me when they are back up, and that a rental will be provided while they have the car. Oh yea, tells me the other Ford dealer in town (Alexander) had the same thing happen days earlier and they are still dead in the water too. Hmmmmmmmmmm.

Last edited by gregoire; 06-01-2011 at 07:21 PM. Reason: additional info
Old 06-01-2011, 07:27 PM
Registered

nynd is unknown at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregoire View Post
OK, so I swing by Crown Ford today, show them the TSB and the Service rep kinda scoffs, says my car will need completly re-programmed, tells me that Ford has sent them the upload and that on the first car they did the re-program quit in mid upload and that they have not been able to get the unit back up and the car they were doing is completly dead, the owner has a rental.

Takes my name and number, says he will call me when they are back up, and that a rental will be provided while they have the car. Oh yea, tells me the other Ford dealer in town (Alexander) had the same thing happen days earlier and they are still dead in the water too. Hmmmmmmmmmm.
Dealer is full of you know what (total BS). I had the flash done in 10 minutes.. in and out. What a dealership!
Old 06-01-2011, 07:44 PM
aka vapah lock

^^ either that or they dont have a clue as to what they are doing
Old 06-01-2011, 07:46 PM
Registered

way2evil will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregoire View Post

Sounds like code for "We are lazy and do not want to flash your car."
Old 06-01-2011, 08:56 PM
Registered

mjhpadi is spectacular!mjhpadi is spectacular!mjhpadi is spectacular!

This doesn't sound very encouraging!
Old 06-02-2011, 03:32 PM
Registered

geekme is unknown at this point

Just dropped mine off today, the service writer was curious about how I acquired the TSB, a big thanks to way2evil and his website, seems as though it was the first time he had heard of it. He had no issue with queing my car for the TSB. Unfortunately since I didnt have an appointment it will probably be next week when it is done. Will update you guys when it is done. Hopefully they wont have ani problems with download.
Old 06-21-2011, 04:29 PM
Registered

geekme is unknown at this point

update- picked up the car today after having it sit at the dealer for two weeks. Apparently the new separator plate was on national back order. The car seems more responsive, for example I punched at around 15 mph and it downshifted and barked the tires-impressive. I cant wait to see how it responds in cooler less humid air. All in all I'd say the TSB has cured the bump shift and overall responsiveness of the vehicle.
Old 06-21-2011, 04:54 PM
Canuck SHO

Showgun is spectacular!Showgun is spectacular!Showgun is spectacular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekme View Post
update- picked up the car today after having it sit at the dealer for two weeks. Apparently the new separator plate was on national back order. The car seems more responsive, for example I punched at around 15 mph and it downshifted and barked the tires-impressive. I cant wait to see how it responds in cooler less humid air. All in all I'd say the TSB has cured the bump shift and overall responsiveness of the vehicle.
Good news. Very encouraging.
Old 06-21-2011, 08:05 PM
Caliper Covers

I was really hoping this was a one day deal because I would like to get it done asap. I will have the service advisor make sure he orders the separator plate before I take it in.
Old 06-23-2011, 03:18 AM
Registered

Retnavy is on the right road

Mine is being updated as I type along with rear brakes. I'll find out the TSB for that when I pick up the car, but it goes along the same lines that was published here for the front brakes. My rear disks were wearing really weird. Looked like somebody was taking a steel comb and dragging it over the disks causing grooves.
No Performance pgk., 20" all season tires
Valentine V-1, Laser Blaster, AirAid CAI
Livernois Stage 2 Tune, Corsa Exhaust
Lower moulding stripes