SHOForum  

Go Back   SHOForum > Help and Maintenance - Gen 1 (89-91) & Gen 2 (92-95) > Gen 1 & 2 - Engine, Exhaust, Drive Line & AC systems

Old 07-23-2003, 12:44 PM
Registered

SHOLey is on the right road
Cleaned Intake Manifold, Changed EGR Valve

I have a 94 ATX with 144 K miles on it. The check engine light turns on and the codes I get are 136, 332, 538 and 632. The scanner suggests I should fix code 332 first which says the EGR valve is not opening. I already cleaned the intake manifold to no avail, so I replaced the EGR valve but the code keeps coming. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
Old 07-23-2003, 01:29 PM
Registered

BlackOnBlackATX is on the right road
SHOLey, did you clean the nostrils in the intake or just spray down the manifold? there are some pics online here of the nostrils, which is part of what you really need to get into. there is a procedure for this on shotimes.com if you need some more help. i ended up taking mine to ford and having them do it.

also check to make sure all your lines are connected to your DFPE sensor and the vaccum line on the EGR valve (trust me, its easy to forget).

the 538 and 632 codes are from not performing necessary routines when running the test, no big deal. and i will bet your O2 sensor code is from the EGR. get that fixed first and see if it goes away. let us know how it goes.

<small>[ July 23, 2003, 01:35 PM: Message edited by: BlackOnBlackATX ]</small>
Original Tranny
2nd Owner

D4U1 w/LPM
75mm maf
H/Strut Braces
Relocated Hood Struts
26mm Rear Sway Bar
96 Brake Upgrade
Eibach Springs
Sylvania Silverstar Headlights
R-134a Conversion
TB Coolant Bypass
Upper 120k 7/25/03

**CURRENTLY DRIVING***
NEW: 2002 Acura TL Type-S ( Satin Silver, with a few mods ;o)

Check your own codes!

2 digit codes 3 digit codes.
Old 07-23-2003, 02:38 PM
SHOless In St L

projectSHO89 is a beacon of lightprojectSHO89 is a beacon of lightprojectSHO89 is a beacon of lightprojectSHO89 is a beacon of lightprojectSHO89 is a beacon of light
Click on SEARCH, enter "332 EGR" and my user # and select this forum.

You will find the diagnostic and what needs to be done.

Steve
SHO #1 - 94 ATX aka "Princess". Replaced with a $3000 car back in 2000 before my 16-year-old turned the Princess into one.
SHO #2 - 89 "The Project" Retired at 249K miles to James' place.
SHO # 3 - Another 94 ATX - Daily driver with 238K on it.
Old 07-23-2003, 03:08 PM
SHOForum Sponsor

LOUDSHO92 has much to be proud ofLOUDSHO92 has much to be proud ofLOUDSHO92 has much to be proud ofLOUDSHO92 has much to be proud ofLOUDSHO92 has much to be proud ofLOUDSHO92 has much to be proud ofLOUDSHO92 has much to be proud ofLOUDSHO92 has much to be proud ofLOUDSHO92 has much to be proud ofLOUDSHO92 has much to be proud of
SHOley did the tube for the EGR have any leaks in it? If it does it will cause problems for you even though your EGR will be working right. ALso make sure you clean all the nostrils in the intake cause if you dont, after cleaning it will make things worse. If I remeber right there should be a screw that has needs a large hex key I think it is on the oposite side of the intake of the EGR remove this and clean all paths leading to it. THis is one of the nostrils for the EGR.

-Performance: Turbo 297hp 279ftlb
-Drivetrain: CM Clutch,SHONut Mounts,QUAIFE
-Suspension: SS Coilovers, 24/26mm,Poly,Gen3,H-Brace, Subframe
-Brakes: Cobra front, 11.6 rear
-Looks: Sound System,Speedhut,Pilot Fogs,Clear Corners,Gen2 Console, CF Cowl Hood & Trunk
SHO Source