SHOForum  

Go Back   SHOForum > Troubleshooting & Performance Upgrades - V8 (96-99) > V8 - Maintenance & Troubleshooting

Old 10-20-2009, 12:09 PM
Registered

JVANBUREN is on the right road
Default TCC electrical Fault code

I just finished putting an engine in a 98 SHO and I am getting the TCC electrical fault code. The car was sitting for quite some time but the tranny appears to be a fresh rebuild, with all new seals and it is very clean and the fluid was new but now that the car is running the O/D light flashes and I get this code, so I swapped The TCC solenoid and that is not the problem and the car is still like jerking at a constant 55 or any speed around there when your cruising at the same speed. Thanks for any input!

96 Rose mist, welded

91 MTX Plus, eibachs

97 welded, black everything, true duals.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2812143/1

94 MTX LPM programmer, catless y-pipe
97 welded (modded) SOLD
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2460264/1
92 MTX stock R.I.P.
Old 10-20-2009, 12:12 PM
Tire Wall

Mr Anonymous has a reputation beyond reputeMr Anonymous has a reputation beyond reputeMr Anonymous has a reputation beyond reputeMr Anonymous has a reputation beyond reputeMr Anonymous has a reputation beyond reputeMr Anonymous has a reputation beyond reputeMr Anonymous has a reputation beyond reputeMr Anonymous has a reputation beyond reputeMr Anonymous has a reputation beyond reputeMr Anonymous has a reputation beyond reputeMr Anonymous has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVANBUREN View Post
I just finished putting an engine in a 98 SHO and I am getting the TCC electrical fault code. The car was sitting for quite some time but the tranny appears to be a fresh rebuild, with all new seals and it is very clean and the fluid was new but now that the car is running the O/D light flashes and I get this code, so I swapped The TCC solenoid and that is not the problem and the car is still like jerking at a constant 55 or any speed around there when your cruising at the same speed. Thanks for any input!
Which TCC solenoid did you use?

'98 & '99's require the solenoid with the blue connector. Using a solenoid with the white connector will cause the symptoms and DTC you describe.

SHO Owners: Making the simple complicated, since 1989.