SHOForum  

Go Back   SHOForum > Help and Maintenance - Gen 1 (89-91) & Gen 2 (92-95) > Gen 1 & 2 - Engine, Exhaust, Drive Line & AC systems

Old 08-01-2003, 12:45 PM
Registered

B Fa SHO is on the right road
Clicking Gas Pedal??

Anyone ever experience a clicking vibration in the gas pedal when trying to accelerate while in low rpm's (below 2000)? It happens when I try to pull of, unless I rev past 2k and the car will sometimes jerk if I try to pull off fast under 2k rpm's. I really dont think it's the clutch because that was just replaced in January, and it doesn't slip, etc. No matter what gear I'm in, if I'm under 2k rpm and try to accelerate I'll hear a clicking noise coming from whatever is behind the gas pedal, a connector or something in the transmission maybe?? Someone help me out, this is a really annoying problem headbang
Old 08-01-2003, 01:00 PM
Registered

SHO#7 is spectacular!SHO#7 is spectacular!
I may not quite understand your problem... But when you say clicking, and hard to start out with light acceleration, do you mean that the gas pedal is hard to push? I know that in my 98 that if I do not clean out the throttle body every once and a while, I will get a carbon ring around the intake butterfly, causing it to hang up under a light acceleration. Almost like the pedal fights back, not wanting to move. I may be way off. It's been a while since I have had a Gen1 or 2, so I may be way off. Hope it works out.
2013 Audi R8 V10
2009 911 Turbo
2011 911 GT3
2013 Cayenne Turbo
2003 Mexi-Beetle
2013 Denali Duramax
2010 Beetle Vert
1998 Taurus SHO
2008 911 Cabriolet
2013 RR Sport SC
www.transmissionrepairshopcincinnati.com
Old 08-01-2003, 01:15 PM
Registered

B Fa SHO is on the right road
No, the gas pedal resistance is the same and not the problem. It's just that when I accelerate, I can actually feel a clicking vibration in the pedal, and I'm not sure if it's something the pedal is connected to that causing this or something further down the line towards the engine causing it. shrug
~BW~
Old 08-01-2003, 02:25 PM
Chillin

FOSHO94 is on the right road
Sometimes my clutch pedal makes a clicking sound, I think this has something to do with the pedal itself. Prolly the same on your gas pedal.

1995 Green/Grey MTX 88k
-K&N Panel Filter
-Silvania Superstar Headlights
-Tinted 20% Front, 5% Rear

Next Up: Walbro 155 LPH Fuel Pump