SHOForum  

Go Back   SHOForum > Generation 4 SHO (2010-present) > Generation 4 - Maintenance & Troubleshooting

Old 05-22-2012, 03:54 PM
Registered

kcobra is on the right road
Default A/C stopped working

Car is just shy of 36k miles and the A/C isn't working anymore. I hear a weird noise coming from behind the dash. Like maybe a condensor leaking or something. I don't know. Not impressed at all. Seats inflating themselves, A.C stopps working, heater issues this winter, front wheel bearings arleady replaced, rear lights replaced twice due to flaking, rear sunshade fix done but had to modify myself to fix rattles, overhead wire noises in headliner...etc. WTF? I'm a die hard ford guy but I feel these problems coming from such a high priced car should be non existant. I just purchased an ESP plan today because I just think the car could be very costly long term.
Old 05-22-2012, 04:24 PM
Registered

SHOdded is a jewel in the roughSHOdded is a jewel in the roughSHOdded is a jewel in the roughSHOdded is a jewel in the rough

If you have enough trouble with it, you may have to resort to the use of the Lemon Laws. Not a good thing for the SHO's image, but statistically someone somewhere is gonna be IT! Most likely Ford won't help directly, but still may be worth a call or two.
Old 05-23-2012, 06:39 PM
Registered

SHOsc is unknown at this point

Motor and transfer case replacement. I would take flaking and a AC issue any day!
Old 05-25-2012, 12:17 AM
Registered

They ordered a condensor for it. Not sure about the passenger side lumbar yet, they will look at it more closely when they repair the A/C.
Old 06-08-2012, 07:39 PM
Registered

A/C fixed. Dealership changed the condensor. That was the problem. 36k miles. Not too impressed with this yet. One thing after the other. I'm a die hard ford guy but it seems that I'm having alot of issues for a car of this caliber.
Old 06-09-2012, 10:05 AM
LSA = YUM

thebigjimsho is brilliant!thebigjimsho is brilliant!thebigjimsho is brilliant!thebigjimsho is brilliant!thebigjimsho is brilliant!thebigjimsho is brilliant!thebigjimsho is brilliant!thebigjimsho is brilliant!thebigjimsho is brilliant!thebigjimsho is brilliant!thebigjimsho is brilliant!

Well, every model seems to have its lemons these days. sorry to hear about your troubles. FWIW, I do not trust any Ford to ever have good brakes or A/C systems...
Old 06-09-2012, 02:38 PM
Registered

EcoBrick Bob is spectacular!EcoBrick Bob is spectacular!EcoBrick Bob is spectacular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
Well, every model seems to have its lemons these days. sorry to hear about your troubles. FWIW, I do not trust any Ford to ever have good brakes or A/C systems...
THEBIGJIMSHO is a brakeaholic... LOL
2004 GTO - 12K Y 6 spd Sold to son - also has 04' R GTO - 55K
Son#2 - 09' G8 GT & 05' Tuned Subaru Frstr Turbo
93 SHO - Red Auto, 91 SHO - Black, 90 SHO - White, 89 SHO - Black - ALL sold
Old 06-09-2012, 03:35 PM
LSA = YUM

thebigjimsho is brilliant!thebigjimsho is brilliant!thebigjimsho is brilliant!thebigjimsho is brilliant!thebigjimsho is brilliant!thebigjimsho is brilliant!thebigjimsho is brilliant!thebigjimsho is brilliant!thebigjimsho is brilliant!thebigjimsho is brilliant!thebigjimsho is brilliant!

I've driven garbage brakes and I've driven world class brakes. The difference is staggering. I've owned more Ford products than GM products. And I've driven many more miles in Fords. Well over 1 million miles in Fords...
Old 06-09-2012, 07:45 PM
Registered

EcoBrick Bob is spectacular!EcoBrick Bob is spectacular!EcoBrick Bob is spectacular!

I don't disagree.... but YOU are the person who brought up BRAKES on this thread in post # 6.

Before I read it and saw your name, I said to myself... I bet he slams the brakes too.... AND I WAS CORRECT. Just found it funny ... somehow... LOL

As for cars owned, I have had a few more GM than Fords, in the 50+ NEW vehicles I have owned since I was 16. Before 1969, I had 8 NEW Fords and 3 NEW GM vehicles, including 3 Shelby Mustangs and 1 Riviera & 1 Vette.
Old 06-13-2012, 11:06 AM
Registered

itguy08 is on the right road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcobra View Post
A/C fixed. Dealership changed the condensor. That was the problem. 36k miles. Not too impressed with this yet. One thing after the other. I'm a die hard ford guy but it seems that I'm having alot of issues for a car of this caliber.
Well my G35 puked it's A/C brains and condenser at 65k so it's not unheard of. Apparently they all use recycled Coors Light cans for them now so over time and the right rock will puncture it.