SHOForum  

Go Back   SHOForum > Generation 4 SHO (2010-present) > Generation 4 - Maintenance & Troubleshooting

Old 03-23-2012, 10:33 PM
Registered

kcobra is on the right road

I took this post and fixed mine a bit differently in the means of the black sticky windshield sealer. I put some under the wires on top of the headliner and basically stuck the wires to the plastic so they aren't bouncing around anymore. Noise fixed!
The following user says thank you to kcobra for this post:
SHOrod (03-24-2012)
Old 03-28-2012, 04:16 PM
Registered

Carl is unknown at this point

I had the sun visor rattle and solve it because of you guys, thank you again. Now there are 2 other rattle to go. One coming from my steering wheel with a metal noise, maybe there is something loose. The worst one is the sunshade, since they repair my sunshade, i have so much rattle noise. Could anyone tell me how you remove the cover for the sunshade? And what to see what they did and how to solve the rattle noise, it's driving me crazy.
Old 04-03-2012, 06:58 PM
Registered

h1h0silver is on the right road

My car has a rattle as well. But get this, from the passenger seat. I had the issue a year ago and told the dealer that I believe the airbag charge canister is loose and rattling when the car takes even the slightest bumps. I can slap the seat and make it rattle as well. They fixed it once, its back again. Not sure how they fixed it, I can't remember.
Old 08-31-2012, 03:44 AM
Wife's SHO

navygse1 is unknown at this point

Greetings SHOrod, (or if anyone else has done this!)
I am getting ready to "drop" my headliner as I have the now infamous cable rattle in the overhead, although mine seems to be right above and behind the drivers head. If I push on the headliner right over my head it goes away.
When you say "industrial velcro tabs," does that mean I jsut give it a good yank or just pull on it enough to work in side the headliner?
Additionally, has anyone pulled out the center console or worked the (genuine imitation)carbon fiber panel between the climate controls and the rear shade control/cig lighter panel? I am looking at seeing if there is enough room behind that blank panel to install some 2 1/16" gauges.
As always, thanx for the assist and keep up the great work!
Mike
Everything except ACC and a Spare!
'01 F350 CC Dually
'01 Ram Air TA
'95 Saleen S351 Conv.
Old 08-31-2012, 08:01 AM
Torrie Tuned

SHOrod will become famous soon enough

You probably will not need to drop the entire headliner to access the rattle. On my car I just opened the sunroof (slid back), then pulled down on the headliner at the front of the sunroof opening. It released from the Velcro and I had plenty of room to access the harness. If you have a small wedge, that may help as well to keep the headliner away from the roof while you work with the cable. I will say though I was working on the passenger side and I didn't pay attention to how the cable runs on the driver's side. I'm not sure it will be as easily accessible. Also, be careful how much you wedge the headliner away from the roof. If you go to far, you may end up with a crinkle in the rolled edge where the headliner curves up to cover the sunroof opening.

-Rod
Old 08-31-2012, 09:33 AM
Registered

Guzzi SVT is on the right road

"driver seat belt pillar rattle.. "
I have tracked my rattle in this area down to the door lock knob. I have had this issue on other cars over the years. You can check it by unlocking the doors while driving, if it goes away it's the door lock knob. Flip the knob with your finger and hear the rattle. I have fixed this in the past with a layer of electrical tape to tighten up the area between the knob and the hole, but haven't tried it on this car yet.
2010 Candy Red w/ Proformance Package, H&R springs and 20%/5% tint